Volunteers are the life force of our organisation and without them we would not be able to deliver the level of service that we offer.
Currently volunteer advisers help hundreds of clients a week and we want to expand our team in order to bring help to even more local people.
Volunteering with Citizens Advice in Somerset
Becoming a volunteer may seem a little daunting, but don’t worry! You will be joining a very friendly and supportive team.
We welcome people from all walks of life and backgrounds and offer flexible volunteering arrangements that mean you can organise your time with us around your other commitments.
What does it take to be a volunteer?
You don’t need specialist skills or knowledge. We provide you with all the training, supervision and support you will need.
Can you …
- Listen with care and attention to detail
- Put people at their ease and help them to explain their problems clearly
- Be non-judgemental and open-minded
- Read and write English and do basic arithmetic
- Use a computer keyboard and the internet with confidence
- Learn new skills and commit to completing the foundation training course
- Agree to carry out your role in accordance with the aims, principles and policies of Citizens Advice South Somerset
- Commit to volunteering regularly
We have volunteer roles available!
Contact your Local Citizens Advice, linked from the footer section of this website under the “Members” heading, to see what volunteering opportunities there may be